Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lately, I have been cooking meals with my daughters on a regular basis. My oldest has picked up the cooking bug and I am loving it. Subsequently she is also learning more about natural and organic foods and the differences in cooking styles, tastes, herbs, nutrients, food presentation, and is even acquiring a taste for uncooked food (i.e., squash & zucchini with herb seasoning). Clearly we are having some Aha moments in the kitchen as we are transforming our kitchen into a health laboratory.

My daughter Heaven has a strong interest in science and is bringing her scientific knowlege into the kitchen by asking probing questions such as: "will the parsely decompose or break down as it cooks?", "what are enzymes?", and "what are live foods?" By the way, I was stumped on the first question, but stunned nonetheless that the kitchen easily becomes a classroom and a model learning center when the intention of a healthy healing laboratory is met with an inquiring young mind. Every morning I prepare the ritual breakfast and lunches. Now, my daughter has taken on this task lovingly and with enthusiasm. She wakes up along with me to help prepare breakfast and we have since started preparing lunch the night before. We review the nutrition of each meal and the health benefits of eating particular foods. The goal in our house is good health and we know the only way to acheive this goal is by Eating to Live and not Living to Eat! APDTA!

So in our journey we will post our healthy family recipes and delicious lunches on the blog to help our working mothers and loving daughters prepare the best of foods for our families. Check out our first video (our video won't upload, Im still trying)!

No comments:

Post a Comment